After helping thousands of Americans and Canadians relocate to Latin America over the last 35 years through my guidebooks and relocation tours, I have observed those who are the best candidates for living successfully abroad.
Don’t move to Costa Rica if…
- you expect everything to be like the U.S.
- you don’t like warm weather or rain.
- you think the locals should change and do everything like we do.
- you expect to find all of the products from the U.S.
- you are insensitive to the local culture.
- you are a smart ass, self-righteous and know it all “Ugly American.”
- you are going to refuse to speak any Spanish and think that the locals should speak English.
- you think it is easy to go into business and expect to get rich overnight.
- you are into exploiting Latina women and think younger women here will be attracted to you because your good looks and not your money.
- you want to scam people.
- you have a serious drug or alcohol problem.
- you expect all of your problems to go away just because you more abroad.
- you think you are more intelligent than the locals and can beat the system.
- you think you can become an expert overnight as some expats do.
- you think you are the savior of the locals and will civilize them. You should leave the Second Coming of Christopher Columbus Syndrome at home.
- you are the type of person who gives Americans a bad name.
- you feel that just because you are an American you should be entitled to something.
- you have no tolerance of other cultures.
- you have no sense of adventure
- you have no interest in experiencing the country’s culture and people.
- you don’t realice that you are a guest in the country.
- you and your spouse don’t see eye to eye about relocating to another country.
- you really don’t have enough money to live abroad.
- you have no sense of humor
- you have no goals
- you refuse to affiliate with organizations like clubs, chruch groups or volunteer.
- you suffer from the ‘hammock syndrome’ with nothing to do.
- you are a negative person who likes to complain about everything and everyone.
- you have never traveled or lived abroad.
For more information about Costa Rica
Sign up in Live in Costa Rica for a Relocation Tour
To find out more about living and daily life in Costa Rica or to have your questions answered, talk with Christopher Howard at 877-884-2502 or 011-506-8849-0081